Sunday, August 13, 2006

an update

I'm still sick, I've missed so much work.. I'm afraid I'm going to get fired.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and I was tested for Mono, Epstein-bar and CMV... After a lot of blood tests, I came up clean. Apparently it's just a particularly bad strain of influenza.

It also turns out that I have anemia. I have to start taking prescription iron tablets daily...

I'm still weak. I was so sick at one point on Wednesday, I was taken to the hospital to have my fever reduced. I don't remember any of it. Most of my week was spent in bed. It's all a blur, a sweaty haze.

I'm doing better than I was before. I can sit up and eat soup. Before I was just drinking liquids. I lost some weight.

Jonas has been by my side through all of this. Lisa has been great too.

I'm just updating to say that I'm not dead. I told my boss I'd be back in work on Monday. i have to pull myself together. I'm too tired to type anymore about this right now.
posted by Iris at 8:56 PM