Friday, July 21, 2006

Yesterday and Today

I've seen this survey in a lot of blogs lately. I never filled out a survey before so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Ten years ago:

I was 12 years old and struggling with puberty. The awkward adolescent years. I had just gotten my period for the first time (and was hiding it from my mother and my sister), I had bought my first bra, I hated the way I looked. I let my bestfriend bleach my hair and it nearly fell out. I wanted to look like Gwen Stefani. I had a fascination with the movie "Interview with a Vampire" -- mostly because it was taboo and I was too young to be watching it in the first place. I started keeping a diary that year.

Five years ago:
I was 17 years old. I was always climbing out of the bedroom window to escape from my over-controlling mother. I had a steady boyfriend named Kevin and a clique at school. I started drinking. I wanted to be an actress and study Dramatic arts in college.

One year ago:
I was doing what I'm doing right now. Working as a bartender. I was in a bad place though. I couldn't afford my rent and had to move out by the end of the month. I was in the middle of breaking off my engagement with Luke and was starting to fool around with Michael (like a complete fucking idiot) If I knew then what I knew NOW...

But that's irrelevant. THIS is what I wrote in my diary one year ago today. It's an entry about my past sexual experiences.

Yesterday:
I went to work in the morning at the Deli. Jonas came in for a bagel. We talked for a few minutes and he asked me about my weekend plans. Now we have a date on Saturday. Lisa and I hung out in the afternoon. My Mother called. I told her about my college plans. She complained about the school I chose and told me that a community college degree will get me NOWHERE in life.

I hung up on her.

Lisa and I went to work together at 7.

Today:
A man hit on me at the Deli Counter. He was at least 55 years old. I was polite but distant. When I returned home there was a towel on the door which meant that Lisa was having sex. So I went to Starbucks for a few hours. When I came back, the towel was gone. Lisa was naked in bed and started talking about the guy she's screwing and how great it was.

I can't look in her direction when she's naked, It's too distracting. I know we're both girls, but it's hard for me to get used to that.

It must be nice to be able to lounge around the house all day and having sex. She's lucky that she doesn't have to work two jobs. I really should talk to her about how I like to have lunch at home after work and I don't like wandering around on the streets because she's having sex with some dude on MY FUTON.

On the other hand, I don't want to be a bitch. She has taken a huge financial weight off my shoulders and she is really cool to hang with. I might have to put my foot down though if this gets too out of hand.

This is weird because usually... I'M the screw up.

Tomorrow:
I'll probably be hung over. Lisa is inviting some friends over to our apartment tonight and neither of us have to work. It should be fun.

Five people I'm tagging

Anyone who wants to. I don't understand the whole tagging thing. Why put someone on the spot? you should write what you want in your own diary and not what someone tells you to write.

"You're it"