Saturday, July 08, 2006

A roommate

I have a roommate!

Lisa agreed to move in with me.

She came home with me after work to check out my flat and have a look around. We sat together on my futon smoking Marlboro lights and drinking shots of vodka. We laughed and talked together until 4 A.M.

She seemed relieved to have a place to stay. She's going to spend the rest of the week with her cousin and move in next Saturday. She agreed to split the rent and expenses 50/50.

Since I have a one room studio apartment this will be like having a dorm roommate. I never had a taste of the whole "college campus experience", so this is entirely new to me. I lived with Stacey for a few months and I had lived with Michael. This is different though, there is no room to escape into and no real privacy. We'll be really in eachother's space.

We joked about how we would put a towel on the door handle when we have a guy over in bed, so we wouldn't walk in on the other person in the middle of the act. We talked about how Lisa sleeps naked and she asked whether that's going to be a problem. I don't see how it would be since we're both girls.

I told her about Jonas and she told me about a guy she met at a club a few days ago that has been calling her a lot on her cellphone. I didn't get into the whole Michael story with her yet. I'll talk about all that later.

For now I'm just happy that I have someone to live with me. She's essentially a stranger still, but I like her a lot.

I guess I'll see how it goes.

I'm going to do this, I'm going to enroll in community college classes for the next semester. I can afford to now and I have all the forms filled out.
posted by Iris at 11:56 AM