Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bestfriends and Older Men

This roommate situation is working out better than I expected. It was a little rocky in the beginning, but we're learning how to respect eachother's space and live together.

There's only one problem that came up. I don't know why this always happens with my friends. I make one new friend and the old friend gets resentful. They end up not getting along.

I invited Stacey over this afternoon after my morning shift for coffee. She came to pick me up and she met Lisa for the first time. I had kind of fallen out of contact with Stacey when Lisa first came into the picture because I needed time to adjust to the new circumstances. I simply needed time to get to know my new roommate but I wasn't intentionally avoiding her or anything. I just called her less than I used to because I have Lisa around all the time to talk to and yes, I feel a little bad about that.

When Stacey came over, she was rather cold and distant with Lisa. Lisa picked up on the vibes and became a bit defensive. They exchanged a few biting words and I took Stacey with me out of the house. It wasn't anything dramatic but it was uncomfortable and I couldn't figure it out.

Stacey said "I don't like her. She's bad news. She's also disrespectful and loose. She was out of line"

"She's really nice...you just have to get to know her better"

"No thanks. I'm not interested. It would be nice if you returned my calls once and while. Ever since this Lisa chick came into the equation, you've been blowing me off"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to"

Stacey was in a bad mood after that and our afternoon was cut off short because she said she had "other plans"

Whatever. I wish she wouldn't act like this. We've been bestfriends for years. Lisa can't and wont "take her place".

****

Last night at work Lisa and I were talking about men during our break outside. She gave me something to think about. I was talking about how I have bad luck with guys and how Jonas doesn't seem to want to make a move to the next level of our relationship. He seems content just being friends even though he acts like he's attracted to me.

"That's because he's young", Lisa said "He doesn't have enough experience and probably doesn't know how to make the next move. You need to stop dating boys and start dating older men"

"Jonas is 26 years old! He's older than me!"

"Not old enough... I'm talking about late 30's and older 40's. I dated a 42 year old a while back. It was hot. He knew exactly what I needed and gave it to me. He was so good in bed and had enough sexual experience to know how a girl really wants to be touched. He was mature and he took care of me. You need a father figure in your life right now. I think you should start looking for an older man"

"I don't know"

"He'll also appreciate your body more because you're so young. You have Pert breasts, tight ass and flat stomach. You need a man that wont take that for granted and that will treat you like a princess. Not someone that treats you like a slab of meat. Guys our age are used to that... older men, they aren't. Plus you'll get expenisve gifts because they have sucessful careers and they're established"

"I don't want a sugar daddy" (to be honest, I was also a little weirded out by her pert breasts, tight ass comment...)

"I'm just saying... it's something to consider"

I have to ask myself if maybe Lisa is right. Maybe what I've been doing wrong this entire time is dating guys too close to my age. Maybe I should find an older man. I don't know, I've never done that before. I've just been thinking about this a lot today. I'm just so tired of running into brick walls over and over again. I want a stable relationship in my life, a real relationship... I want to be loved.

Lisa left for work before me tonight. I have to order some chinese food before heading out. I'm starving right now...
posted by Iris at 7:42 PM