Monday, June 12, 2006

Turn Turn Turn

I just got back from working at the bar, so I'm a little bit drunk.

But things are looking up for me, finally....

Stacey gave me her old futon and I hooked up the telephone line. I have some food in the fridge and my cabinets. I even have a potted plant on the window sill.

I feel better. I don't feel as empty and scared as I did before. New beginnings are scary as hell. Starting over is scary but I have a grasp on it now. I worked all weekend, but I have Monday off.

I'm thinking of applying to a community college and taking some classes.

Crazy, I know. Me...in college. I was talking to a girl that came in the Deli. She said it's not to late to apply for the fall semester and that I'd be eligible for financial aid...etc..etc.

I don't know how I would squeeze in school with two jobs. I need both jobs unless I find a roommate to split the cost of this flat.

All of this is all a pipe dream. It probably wont happen, but writing about it is the first step towards making it happen.

I haven't spoken to my Mom in over 3 weeks. She doesn't even know where I'm living. My life is still a mess and every day blends into the next. I managed to stop obsessing over Michael and this break up. I haven't contacted him, or returned his calls. This is a clean break and I want to keep it that way.

I'm too tired to type anymore. My eyelids feel so heavy and my head is pounding.
posted by Iris at 1:50 AM