Sunday, June 25, 2006

Making the call

I did it.

I called Jonas!

I was so nervous before the phone call. I kept pacing back and forth in my apartment and twisting the phone around in my hand. I finally just dialed the numbers he left on the note. I waited while the phone rang five times.

Then I heard his voice. At first I didn't even speak. He said "Hello?" again.

This is how the conversation went:

"Hi, Is this Jonas?"

"Yes, Who's this?"

"It's Iris, from the Deli"

"hey..."

"Sorry about Thursday.... I was having a bad day"

"That's okay, what's up?"

He sounded so distant and I felt like I was losing my nerve. "Well, I wanted to know if you wanted to get together some time. I have tomorrow morning off from work so..."

He was silent. "That sounds great. Where should we meet? I have to work but I have a lunch break between 12 and 2"

"I don't know, Maybe at Starbucks, the one on...(insert address)"

"Alright, I'll see you there. Is 12 okay?"

"Yes. Okay, bye"

He hesitated "Alright, see you tomorrow then"

I quickly hung up and dropped the phone on the sofa. Then I buried my face in the sofa cushion. That was so awkward!!! What am I DOING?!

Okay, So that's it. I'm seeing Jonas tomorrow. I did it. I called him. Now I have to build up the nerve to show up. I don't know how I should dress. What if we just sit there with nothing to say to eachother?? What if it's uncomfortable? We don't know KNOW eachother!!

I'm a bundle of nerves about this. I can't stop thinking about tomorrow. I have to focus and get ready for work.

P.S. A message to someone that left me a caring E-mail. Thank you for reaching out.
posted by Iris at 6:21 PM