Saturday, November 05, 2005

Feeling confused

It's so hard to know how to behave in certain situations. I wish I had a handbook on this.

"Chapter 24 - What to do when your boyfriend doesn't come home"

When Michael returned home from work last night. I was really quiet. I was making pasta and I didn't even greet him. He went into the shower and then came out.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and made a joke about "the good wife cooking dinner for the husband"

I didn't laugh.

He asked me what was wrong.

"Where were you last night?"

He was quiet and just stared at me for a moment. Then he said "I was with Keith. We got drunk and I crashed at his house"

"Oh"

"Is that a problem?", He asked.

"No."

I was quiet.

"It's just..you could have called me" I said finally.

"I passed out"

"Okay..."

"What are you ...my mother now?"

"No..I was worried"

"I'll call next time, Okay?"

"okay"

We were both quiet. "This is weird"

"What?"

"This"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know..forget it"

Then he left the room. I realized I had overcooked the pasta. I had to dump it out and start over again. My hands were shaking and I felt like crying.

I don't know why. Why does everything feel so wrong all of a sudden. When did things go sour? This is probably all in my head. I'm overreacting as usual.

Well, on further news.. Stacey just announced her engagement. I'm so excited for her. Michael left to run some errands. I have to get dressed..Yeah, I'm still lazying around the house in my panties and a tank-top because I don't have work today. Then I'm going to go visit her to celebrate the news.
posted by Iris at 2:00 PM