Friday, October 14, 2005

Still alive

I'm typing this from an Internet cafe, I just got off from work and thought I would stop in.

This is my first time in a place like this. There are dozens of computers lined up and everyone's face is lit up by the bluish glow from the screens. Other than that, this room is very dark. The man next to me is chuckling at some website he's in, and another man across from me is just staring directly at me. It's kind of freaking me out. He has pock-marks on his face and a big thick black jacket.

I'm in an internet cafe because Michael's internet service was shut down temporarily due to some technical problems. Which is why I haven't been able to update in such a long time.

Someone is coming in on Monday to fix the problem, so I'll be back then.

Life is going well, I quit my job at Starbucks and I have a new job at T.G.I. Fridays. Unfortunately it's for the lunch shift, so the tips aren't anything to write home about. I'm still working my bartender job at night.

The visit with Michael's parents went well..

I'll write more about all of this on Monday, Time for me to log off and get out of this creepy place. Just felt like dropping in with a quick update..to let the few people that might read this out there know that I am..in fact..still alive.
posted by Iris at 5:57 PM