Thursday, October 06, 2005

meeting the parents

I'm really nervous right now.

In an 3 hours, I'm going to meet Michael's parents for the first time.

Well..I met his father once while I was half-naked and hiding behind the kitchen counter on the floor. But I'd prefer not to think of that.

Of course, that's all I CAN think about. How his father saw me like that. It's going to be hard to look him in the eyes tonight.

I wonder what his mother is like Michael says she's a complete "sweetheart" and that she's going to "love" me.

It's really important to me that they like me. I'm in the middle of washing my nicest outfit, and I already took a shower. I have to do up my hair. I want to look presentable and classy. Not like some girl that works as a bartender and at Starbucks.

But someone that went to college, someone that works as an accountant or a lawyer. Someone that has a future.

I'm feeling myself getting depressed. I have to get off this track.
posted by Iris at 5:19 PM