Monday, August 08, 2005

Luke

Luke just called.

I heard his voice on Stacey's answering machine while I was in the kitchen 5 minutes ago.. I completely froze and just stared at it.

"Iris..It's Luke. Iris..If you're there pick up..Iris?..(then I heard indistinct voices in the background and the sound of a click. After a 10 second pause I heard the dialtone)

This feeling of guilt washed over me. I replayed it..listening closely to try to make out the other voices, to figure out where he was calling from. Then I pressed delete.

How did he get the number here?

I'm not going to focus on this right now. I don't want to go down that road. I'm not ready to talk to him.

I forgot to mention this in my previous entry, I have a job interview tomorrow at Starbucks. I hope I get this job, I need the money so badly.

I have to head to work. I feel really on edge and sad today. The last voice I wanted to hear was Luke's..it's bringing back all these negative memories.
posted by Iris at 11:03 PM