Thursday, March 10, 2005

I know his name

He was there.

I was about to give up hope of seeing him and was going to leave work a little early because I was exhausted from working two jobs..My whole body hurting. My friend had said she would close up for me..

Then I spotted him, in his usual spot at the end of the bar. He had a cigarette in his mouth and tapping the pockets in his jacket for a lighter..

I had to move fast.

I grabbed my friend who is a smoker and hissed.." lighter lighter lighter..now now now!" in her ear.

She turned to me in confusion, but pulled one out of her pocket.

Then I nearly ran to him, almost slipping on the ground.

I extended the light towards his face.

He looked at me in what appeared to be a surprised and pleased expression. then lit his cigarette off my lighter.. inhaling and slowly exhaling. His eyes on me.

I was melting.

"thanks", he responded

We stared at eachother for a moment. Then I realized I must look like a dork just standing there. So I grabbed an empty glass off the bar counter and turned to leave.

He touched my arm "wait"

I glanced at him, trying not to appear to eager and desperate

"what's your name?", he asked

"oh..Iris", I muttered with what I hope was a cute smile. but it probably wasn't.

"I'm Michael", he said extending his hand

His hand was large compared to mine and warm. I didn't want to take it out of his..I wanted to pull him over the bar table and start kissing him..

Instead I strolled aimlessly away with my empty glass..

When I turned around, he was counting out money and putting it on the counter.

Damn, I didn't even ask him if he wanted another drink..

He only had a single beer.

Then he was gone.

DAMNNNN!!

Michael.........
posted by Iris at 5:45 PM